Refractive Surgery Pre-Op Instructions
- Keep contact lenses out for 48 to 72 hours prior to surgery unless otherwise instructed.
- No make-up on the day of surgery and men should have face shaved.
- No wool sweaters or clothing with high fiber content. A button down shirt is the best.
- Arrange for a driver on the day of surgery and for your post-op appointment the next day.
- After your surgery, plan on going home for the duration of the day and on resting
- Payment is due on the day of your procedure.
- Nothing with a scent or fragrance on the day of surgery (ie. No perfume, cologne, lotion.
- Pagers and/or cells phones cannot be brought into the surgical suite
- Make sure you EAT before surgery
- If an enhancement is needed using the laser , there is a royalty of fee $150 or sometimes $300. This pays for the key card to operate the laser; there are no extra surgical services
- Three days prior to surgery, use Johnson’s baby shampoo to wash your eyelids twice a day, and use artificial tear drops three times a day.
All procedures and one day post-op follow-ups will be done at the McHenry office.